Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More For FallI felt Fall today. A breeze in the


More For Fall

I felt Fall today. A breeze in the humidity, an undercurrent of something cool in the air, the trees dancing gracefully to that rushing sound - yes, it's Fall here. For those of you not in the South, I will point out that I have been known to come home from teaching a night class in October and was so hot that I jumped in the pool. So Fall seems a little early actually.
On to Fall jewelry: I have decided that the gemstone that with the most "Fall" feeling is jasper. The bracelet above features red picture jasper, ocean jasper, and a couple of pieces of agate (another great Fall stone). This is "Listen to the Leaves" and it will go up for auction on Ebay tomorrow (Wednesday) night (late).


The next bracelet is primarily leopardskin jasper and has matching earrings. Most of the leopardskin jasper beads - and especially the round ones are huge! I think that this is about as chunky a bracelet as you would want to wear. The carved bead is red aventurine as is the heart charm (really the aventurine is more of a peach colour - the peach colour in the jasper beads.

The blue lace agate bracelet I did simply because I was so attraceted to the faceted rectangular and diamond shaped beads. Although I did add charms, this is one of the few gemstone bracelets that I've made lately that doesn't have any lampwork beads.

These jewelry pieces will probably all be on Ebay auction tomorrow night: look for Cluny Grey or check for seller id: chloemarie99 .


Jewelry Designers: Don't forget the ongoing contest at Ka Gold Jewelry!!! See previous blog entry for details.

jewelry beads jewellery bracelets earrings fashion Weblogs gemstones beading designinggems sterling silver jewelry The Jewelry Blog

clunygrey@yahoo.com (Cluny Grey)