Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fine Silver Anemone Rings Added to the Sea Cliff CollectionI


Fine Silver Anemone Rings Added to the Sea Cliff Collection


I always get asked where I get my inspiration for my designs, so I thought I would share with you how I came up with these two rings. On October 15th, Nature aired "Oceans in Glass: Behind Scenes of the Monterey Bay Aquarium The Aquarium features over 30,000 animals and plants that live in replicated ocean environments, so after taking a drive down to Monterey this past weekend, I thought I would try to capture the beauty of Anemones currently on view at the Rocky Shore exhibit.

I handcrafted these two rings in Fine Silver using PMC(Precious Metal Clay), then finished by applying a patina to enhance the detail. These two rings, along with other sea creatures can be found under my Sea Cliff Collection. I plan on adding a few more critters to the collection over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

jbrana@johnsbrana.com (John S Brana)