Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Great Idea: Pooling ResourcesAmy from MotherLoad: The MomAdvice Blog, and


Great Idea: Pooling Resources
Amy from MotherLoad: The MomAdvice Blog, and host of this week's Festival of Frugality, offers this creative solution to the Frugal Holiday Finery dilemma:

I have worked out a deal with a girlfriend where we trade clothes for all of our special occasions. Usually she has the shoes, purse, and shawl and I supply a knock-out dress that I have found thrifting. Pooling our resources has saved me from spending tons of money for these one night occasions!


Obviously, you couldn't do this with just anybody; for size, shape, coloring, and personality considerations. Nevertheless, the idea has potential.

Tell me, do you have anyone in your life that you could approach about such an arrangement?

Rebecca