Friday, September 22, 2006

I made this lanyard for my day-job badges eight or



072606_090b

I made this lanyard for my day-job badges eight or nine months ago. It's held up rather well considering it gets worn every weekday and gets yanked around every time my clumsy self gets the badge bit hung up under a desk or something.

I used a neat color fade stringing pattern I found in a beading magazine; this particular color scheme fades from blue to gold and back. After wearing it for a couple of weeks I added a clear rubber band, the kind people use for kids' hair, in between the standard clasp and the ring it would normally clasp onto. That way if I get seriously caught it will break and not injure my neck, and it gives the whole thing a bit of stretch for those minor standing-up-and-catching-the-badges-under-the-desk moments.